The joy of riding a two wheeler is a lot different from driving a four wheeler. Offering greater maneuverability to the rider, permitting users to safely weave in and out of traffic, a two wheeler is suitable for congested city traffic. If you happen to be conscious about the environment and wish to be a better rider at the same time, then an electric moped will help you to meet both your requirements. Here is how you can be a better rider with an electric moped.
Light weight offers greater control of the two wheeler
A heavy two wheeler is certainly more difficult to handle and maneuver in congested traffic. With a light weight electric moped that weighs less than a hundred kilograms it will be possible to weave in and out of traffic with great ease. And it is certainly easier to bring a lightweight vehicle to a quick stop than a heavier vehicle. Using an electric moped will help you to ride safe and ride with ease in city traffic.
Large size of wheels offer greater control
The large size of wheels of the electric moped make it a more reliable two wheeler to handle. This gives better road grip when turning when compared with very small wheels of vehicles. You can safely execute turns and go into bends with confidence because of the large size of the wheels. In combination with other advantages of the vehicle you can look forward to a safe riding experience.
Drum brakes for quick stops
The drum brakes of electric mopeds help you to bring the two wheeler to a quick stop without skidding. Due to the average speed that is reasonable and adequate to get around in the city, i.e. 30 miles per hour, you will be able to bring the vehicle to a stop quickly. This makes the vehicle a lot safer for you and for others on the road. Unlike vehicles that need to travel long distances before being able to be brought to a complete stop, the electric moped offers greater safety through the large wheels and drum brake combination.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=25
It’s easy to see why the electric scooter for adults has become very popular recently. This practical mode of transportation is really easy to operate, is ideal for travelling in small cities, and is also light. To make the experience of riding an electric scooter even better, consider getting accessories such as the following:
- Lights and reflectors
Planning to ride your scooter during the night? Then it’s crucial that you take certain steps to ensure your safety. One of the best things that you can do is to get lights and reflectors. These accessories will help other drivers on the road to see you. You may get rear reflector lights, front reflector lights, and a head light.
- Warning bell
This accessory is also important in making your presence known to other motorists as well as to pedestrians. It is a great addition to your bike, and will work with your lights and reflective devices in keeping you safe. Most safety warning bells are pretty easy to install on almost any model of electric scooter for adults.
- Lock and Chain
When your electric scooter is not in use, it is important to keep it safe and make sure that it does not get stolen. Having a lock and chain combination is crucial to keep your scooter where it is, especially when you park it at a public place. Lock and chain combinations come in various options, and there are a few things to consider when you are looking for one. For instance, you should see to it that the primary chain is made of a strong material that wouldn’t be easily cut through.
If you are planning to buy accessories for electric scooter for adults, you might want to check out online stores so that you’ll get to choose from a wide range of products.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=26
Having an electric bike will allow you to easily get around the city, save money, as well as help conserve the environment. E-bikes seem harmless, and they sure are fun to ride. However, there are still safety measures that you have to follow in order to ensure that your rides are as safe as possible. Some of these tips are similar to those that are applied in riding traditional bikes, but there are also a few ones that are specific to riding e-bikes.
- Don’t forget your helmet.
This is a basic and simple tip, but it is also a very important one. Wearing a helmet can save your life someday. It sure is not going to protect other important parts of your body, but at least it is going to cover your head if ever an accident happens. For even better protection, you can go for a full-face helmet. Aside from all-around protection, a full-face helmet can also protect you from the sun and keep you warm in cold weather.
- Use lights and warning devices.
A lot of fatal bike accidents happen during night time—and most of these accidents could have been prevented if the biker used lights and reflectors. Your electric bike may already have reflectors on when you first bought it. However, they are not really enough. It’s a good idea to buy your own front and read LED light. You should also get warning bells and a horn. Yup, you need both. Use the bell to warn pedestrians and use the horn to warn cars.
- Take the lane.
If you can ride your electric bike at a particular road’s speed limit, then it will be best for you to take the lane. This will be much safer for you than if you try to get close to the curb.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=24
The market for adult electric scooter is constantly growing as more and more people discover the many benefits of owning electric vehicles. While most of these machines are marketed to be virtually maintenance-free, they do require some degree of care if you want to get the most out of your investment. To prevent small problems, which, when left untouched may cause larger, more problematic (and expensive) breakdowns, following a good maintenance routine will save you a great deal of headache in the future. Here are some tips to remember so your adult electric scooter will last its full life span or even longer:
• Before even mounting your brand new adult electric scooter, make sure that you keep a record of its details, including photographic references of its original set-up (e.g. wiring routes, parts, and connections) as this can be useful when performing maintenance procedures. Recording other details like serial numbers, etc., can also be useful when claiming warranty from the manufacturer.
• Perform a tire-check every once in a while to make sure that tire pressure is sufficient. Small tires, which are typical for electric scooters, tend to lose pressure quicker than larger tires, which is why it is important to check on them regularly so they can be filled accordingly. Keeping tire pressure on its proper gauge will help prevent your scooter’s tube and valve system from damage.
• Battery maintenance is another important aspect of adult electric scooter care. Keeping your scooter battery connected to its charger for too long may damage it and cause it to retain power less. If you notice that your scooter is not holding its full charge as well as it had before, it may be a good time to consider a replacement so you won’t end up with insufficient charge in the middle of a trip.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=19
One of the best ways to customise an electric bike is to buy an e-bike kit. Building an electric bike or converting your own bike into an electric unit takes great skill, which is why not many choose to take on the challenge. This said, customising your own e-bike is not an impossibility, especially when you have a strong background on similar types of DIY projects. Finding someone who knows the ins and outs of electric motorbikes UK is also recommended so you can be guided throughout the process.
The first thing you should consider when embarking on a custom e-bike project is your electric bike kit purchase. It is important to do thorough research when ordering your electric kit. Take time to learn about the terms that surround electric motorbikes UK as well as the different options you have in the market. Shops that specialize in electric bikes, scooters, and similar types of vehicles are great resources when searching for good kits to purchase. These are also great places to turn to should you decide to purchase a brand new or even a customisable unit. By taking time to research your pre-built and e-bike kit options, you will have a better grasp of which solution is best for your needs. Below are important things you should consider when customising electric motorbikes UK:
• Converting an old bike using an electric bike kit will add only about 16 to 20 pounds of weight on the resulting bike. Pre-built electric bikes are heavier, which is something to think about, if weight is an issue on your typical trips.
• It is possible to adapt different styles of bicycles, including trikes, recumbents, and folding bikes.
• Modifying your own bike eliminates the need to re-fit a new unit, because chances are, it is already something you are comfortable riding.
E-bike kits are much cheaper as you are only paying for the electrical system and not the other components you already have through your existing unit.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=18
Electric motorbikes in UK are widely available, but the quality can vary greatly. You have to do some online research and comparison if you are serious about buying a high-quality motorbike at the best price.One of the best shops of electric vehicles in the country can be found online, which is highly convenient since you do not have to go around town to find the best electric motorbikes in UK. Expect have a wide array of electric bike models available for you to choose from. All of their items come with a full year warranty. If you have a specific brand of electric motorbike in mind, they carry premium brands along with other international brands.
By purchasing electric motorbikes UK online,you can get access to more options. You will also find the best prices in the market. In fact, some of the best retailers even challenge their customers to find a price that is lower than theirs so that they can match it.
Choose a shop that delivers nationwide. Note that if you live outside the mainland, it may take more than four to six business days for your motorbike to arrive, and there will be an additional fee to cover the shipping expenses.
If you need assistance with the ordering process or even with choosing which electric motorbike is the best for you, you should be able to easily contact them via email or phone. They will get back to you as soon as they can to help you every step of the way, because not only do they offer their customers the best electric vehicles in the country—they are also committed to great customer service.
Going around the city can get expensive. In fact, if you commute around London daily, you might be spending around five thousand pounds every year. By purchasing an electric motorbike, you can save money while getting the regular exercise you need.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=13
Are you in the market for alternative transportation? Here are some important things that you have to consider before you purchase an electric moped for sale:
- Just like with cars and motorbikes, electric mopeds for sale are also covered by road and driving laws. Be sure to secure the proper license and registration, or you will be ticketed. In the UK, the legal age for riding electric bikes and mopeds is 14 years old.
- Electric mopeds are considered as vehicles, which means that they are subject to road tax. Compared to four-wheel vehicles, however, the road tax on mopeds is definitely much cheaper. You also have to ensure that your moped passes the MOT, an annual test performed on vehicles to ensure that they are in roadworthy condition. Note that if your moped is less than three years old, though, an MOT is not required. If you live in London, electric mopeds for sale are exempt from the daily congestion fee. Most toll roads also offer discounts for mopeds and other two-wheel vehicles.
- If you are still not sure about purchasing electric mopeds for sale, then consider the cost of commuting. Over the past five years, regulated train fares have increased by roughly 20%. Train commuters in London spend around five thousand pounds on fare yearly—an astounding figure. Imagine if you could save that money instead.
- It can make you happier. You read that right—riding an electric moped can boost your mood. A study released in 2014 shows that life satisfaction is negatively affected by car, train, bus, or cab commutes. On the other hand, according to independent research, about 87.9% of motorcycle, bikes, and mopeds users believe they are happier travelling using their two-wheeled vehicles.
Blog Source URL: https://www.electricbikescootercar.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/article&article_id=10